Unusual holidays of the world
Today we will look at the list of the most interesting and unusual holidays and festivals in the world. In this collection were very interested in holidays, which you can see below. Look!
1. Competition in the highlands of Scotland. Party games, dressed in a traditional Scottish kilt, will compete in the hammer throw, in the contest which is held in Glenfinnan. Traditional Scottish games consist of competitions, dances, food and drinks to relax from everyday work.
2. Beltane Fire Festival, Scotland. “The Celts” with bare torsos raise the torches during the Festival of Beltane fire near Carlton hill in Edinburgh. These annual festivities are a modern revival of the ancient Celtic celebration of the arrival of summer.
3. Holiday naked men. Hadaka Matsuri (literally, the feast of naked men) in Okayama, Japan, is a traditional festival which has been celebrated for 1200 years. Picture was taken in winter, the temperature is about 9 degrees. Men dive into the icy water, passing the rite of purification.
4. Vegetarian festival, Thailand. Believers temple at Bang Neow, participate in the parade of vegetarian festival on Phuket island in Thailand, stick a weapon in itself, in protest. Continue reading
In September you can eat potato pancakes in Zhitomir, enjoy jazz in the Crimea and see the Japanese Kabuki theater in Dnepropetrovsk
The end of the hottest time of year, fortunately, will not affect the festival movement in Ukraine. The country was still a lot of places and events where you can have fun. “Comments” chose the most interesting festivals of September.
The tenth of September in Central Park in Korosten (Zhytomyr region), you can gorge on pancakes. There will be the Fourth festival of potato pancakes. in which will be attended by hundreds of Ukrainian masters in cooking this dish. Under the enticing aromas of freshly made potato pancakes will be original contests and quizzes. By the way, Korosten is considered to be the capital of potato pancakes – here a few years ago found only one in Ukraine monument Pancakes, and baked the largest potato pancake with a weight of 118 kg.
And fans of Ukrainian borscht is recommended to go to the Ternopil region. In the village with a “speaking” name Borshchev, 17-18 September festival of borsch “Borscht-V-2011”. Here you can try more than fifty species of this delicious Ukrainian dishes, as each village will provide at the court of the people’s tasting your recipe.
The equator in September Fedosia Continue reading
Summer – festivals, so don’t miss all the fun. Listen to music, dance, swim, sunbathe, eat and smazyvaesh paints. In this article you will read about the most interesting of July festivals.
1. Bass Generation-open air
Date . from 5 to 7 July.
Place . S. Schastlivtsevo, Henichesk district, Kherson region.
This festival for electronic music lovers. You enjoy premium dubstep and drum’n’bass. Among the famous participants of the festival: Tapolsky, Hectix, Blood DJ, Octane, “Stereotype”, Polak and others.
2. Great Crimean summer beer festival
Date . from 5 July to 20 August.
Place . 5-9 July – Kerch, 12-16 July – Theodosius, 19-23 July – Koktebel, 26-30 July – Zander, 2-6 August – Alushta, 9-13 August – Yalta, 16-20 August – Sevastopol.
Beer lovers should not miss this huge event. You will have the opportunity to enjoy different varieties of beer, to participate in the Championships, watch night beach show, listen to concerts, and even participate in culinary competitions.
3. The cabbage festival in Cefalu
Place . S. Body, Berehovo district, Transcarpathian region
In the Ukrainian Transcarpathian village is inhabited by Hungarians. They believe that the smaller Continue reading